23 February 2008

Christmas 2007

Christmas this year was wonderful. DJ, Maia and I were very blessed to be able to spend Christmas with everyone in our immediate families plus more. Jacob, Dylan and Kim all got to meet Maia for the first time and for the first time in many, many years, I got to ring in the New Year with my brother and sister. Joe and Ellen were able to come to Fort Collins before Christmas and spend some time and then we went to Cheyenne for Christmas Day. We spent Christmas Eve at our house with everyone who was in town. With stiff competition from Kim (coming from VA) and Jacob and Dylan (coming from AL) I think my Dad still won the "Most Miles Traveled" award in order to be here with everyone. Let's see, I think he went back and forth from Craig four times, and to the top of Cameron Pass and back, all in a 10 day period. DJ, Maia and I are so grateful to everyone that traveled to see us and share the holidays with us, whether from across the county or across town. One of the neatest things was seeing Dylan and Maia together. He would hold her, stare and smile at her and she at him, he'd share his books with her . . . I'll post pictures when I figure out where they are...it was just too cute. Anyways, all in all, Christmas and New Year's were great, and other than more time, we couldn't have asked for anything more.